Saturday, July 3, 2010

A feeling I've felt before...


Soooooo......I may be on the move again. It's hard for me to keep secrets from my mom so I confessed to her that I had gone back to school. I really didn't want to but she was about to go into the all-my-life's-problems-would-be-solved-if-I-went-back-to-school speech and I just wasn't in the mood.

My mom works for this huge company that does a lot of event planning and design and has been offering to get me on board for the longest time. Because of my stubborn, I'll learn my own lessons and pave my own way type of personality I've always declined the offer. In my defense though, I'd have to move to San Diego (boring) and the kind of events I'd be planning would be corporate meetings at convention centers (blah, so vanilla).

At this point I'd be happy planning any event to obtain further experience on the quest toward my dream job so I may be on the move once again. I'm inspired to take back my life that this job has robbed me of. I mean I can still plan events here but with my boss being after me the way she is, I'm not trying to go out of my way to make her look good (it's just a conflict of personalities between the two of us. She's POWER hungry and I'm the old, heavy ass bloodhound that refuses to give an inch).

No comments:

Post a Comment