Monday, August 2, 2010

My thoughts exactly....

I did something today that has taken me years to do.....I cut the last tie.

Peep the video around 1:22



I went out last night and there was a handsome man, 31 years old (guesstimate). I feel like I should mention he was light skinned...it shouldn't matter but to me it does. He kept walking up to the bar next to me to order his drinks....2 glasses of wine. A man doesn't drink wine unless he's in the company of a female (at least not the kind of man I would be interested in) so I figured he was off limits....no eye contact, witty banter, flips of my hair.

After the 3rd time of him popping up, he finally "confessed" that he was on a date with a girl he didn't "really" like. He said he understood that it looked super shady but he thought I was really pretty and "couldn't miss" this opportunity to talk to me. He asked for my information and I told him no. He still came up to the bar throughout the night and even started a conversation with my friend while leaning over me. I found out in the car while living the jazz spot, my friend gave to him my number any way when I went to the restroom. (No I will not be answering the phone for unregistered numbers...for real!)

What the fuck is it with unavailable men wanting to talk to me?! I mean this is a clear pattern for me and I'm wondering if I have some kind of kick me sign on my back that says "Evasive Love Here". I mean I know there's men that would probably say that about me. That my love, my heart and my emotions are unattainable and they would probably be right. Which is why I took this year to figure myself out, what I really wanted out of a mate, and the kind of "men" I'm attracted to (or not attracted too) that might make a difference. I'm still working on wanting to be wife but whether they are emotionally unavailable, live in another state or dating someone else, I am a magnet for unavailable men, and I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment