Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a difference a year makes....

This time last year.....

-my boyfriend of 2 years was in town for his mma fight
-I wanted to move to Chicago but it really wasn't a good time
-we were working on our issues and fears
-we were writing the guest list and setting a date for our wedding
-he talked to my dad about our future plans
-My best friend and I hadn't talked in 8 months and I knew she was pregnant
-I was trying to get over the lose of my own pregnancy
-he would kiss my softly to tell me he loved me
-this time last year I had faith but couldn't hear God's voice
-my boyfriend lost his fight but we went out anyway
-there was a girl who was dancing a little too close to him at the club
-I checked his phone when he was sleep
-I found out he was talking to 3 other girlfriends, had naked pictures and had been hiding a 8 month old daughter
-I dropped him off over his friend's and never looked back
-I felt so betrayed and heartbroken
-I cried for days, never left my closet and didn't show up to work
-depression set in, and I started cutting my wrists
-I finally picked myself up, packed my car, my dog and mapquested directions to Chicago
-I told my mom could help me leave or watch me leave but I couldn't stay in Colorado any more

-I found my soul as I drove the yellow brick road to my OZ......

September 1 st 2010 will mark my first year in Chicago. Chicago saved my life. I know that sounds silly but I was able to redefine myself when I moved here (something I wouldn't have been able to do in CO).

My heart is in Colorado (my family) but my soul (who I am) is in Chicago....

No comments:

Post a Comment