Sunday, January 2, 2011

A recap.....

January- I started a job that I worked so hard to get and moved into my dream apartment. Crossed another dream off the list.

February- My Stepdad died unexpectedly. Going to his funeral and having to face the issues we used to have was one of the hardest things I ever have to do.

March- After reading a blog written by Atom, I was inspired to start one of my own. Best decision EVER! I finally had a spot where I could say whatever I wanted instead of keeping all the thoughts that mattered to me bottled up.

April- I suffered a momentary lapse of judgement (sex) and for the first time in a while I was truly, truly disappointed with myself. I was stronger then the physical attraction and I should have dug deeper. Never again.

May- After weeks of hard work, dedication and self-motivation, I successfully organized my tattoo photo shoot, celebrating beautiful, feminine women who are also tattooed. I proved to myself that only I stand in the way of accomplishing my dreams.

June- I started to experience the Chicago summer. Free festivals, lightening bugs in the park, outdoor concerts, flea markets, and the beach and lake. I could go on and on....it's truly an enchanting time....

July-My best friend came to visit me and I loved every minute of it.

August- I celebrated my 1 year anniversary in Chicago.

September- I was laid off from my job and had to scramble quickly to put the pieces of my life back together.

October- I turned 26 and had a semi mid-life crisis.

November- I disappointed myself again when I let my youth program, something I had worked and believed in so much, crumble beneath me. Another unfinished dream added to the pile.

December- I proved to myself that while we fall, we can still pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and accomplish a goal. No more "No Men"!

What was your year like? What stuck out in your mind during each month. What do you want to accomplish this new year?

I know it's so cliche for new year resolutions but I love the feeling of being able to wipe the slate clean. To feel like I can reinvent myself into the person I lost throughout the last year.

My new goals for this year?

I'm going on a spending diet (I'll write a more detailed post later) to pay off bills, debt and save, I'm doing P90X for the first 90 days to get in shape, and I'm going to tackle my youth program again. I also want to work on loving my family and honestly, just living life. I think I'm also going to write a yearly bucket list and do something one month I've always wanted to do.

What are your plans for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment