Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet Lord...It's Quincy

When I talked about the men I've slept with, the first person on that list was Quincy, at least that's what I think I called him. Whatev, it was a reference to Love and Basketball tho. Maybe Omar. Ugh whatever, from now on he will be known as Quincy. (I just looked down at my keyboard btw and there's a dried piece of meat left over from the sloppy joes I made last night. lol. single behavior for real for real!)

As I mentioned in my last post he contacted me via Facebook and during our conversation, requested we be friends. I dragged my feet toward the accept button.

(Large exhale) Quincy...Quincy....Quncy. That name carries a lot of weight.  I, as well as my best friends and mom, haven't heard or even talked about that name in the last few years. I mean there's the simple "Have you talked to him?" "Nope." "Cool." convos that happen every now and then but no serious thoughts or concerns since about 2005.

Alright the run down really quick....

-We met in kindergarten but he transferred to another school after
-He came back to our elementary school during 5th grade and we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend (like officially) He was alpha dog and I was queen bee of the playground with our other little couple It was always Forewarning and Quincy.
-He first kissed me behind the mobiles at school and I remember thinking his lips ashy (lol)
-He claims he saw the first boobs he saw were mine on a school field trip to the pool (I still don't believe him)
-Him and his friends did a show during our 5th grade social and rapped to the girls they loved Bone Thugs "Crossroads" which they ended with giving us a balloon and a can of soda (such sacrifices)
-years pass but we remained in contact with each other, him turning into the popular basketball star, me remaining the good girl
-He took me to my Freshman year homecoming. Forewarning and Quincy.
-I would go to his basketball games now and again
-Senior year him and his starting 5 transferred to my high school  and it was a pretty big deal. Media attention, girls, gossip, everything, people knew we had history. Forewarning and Quincy.
-He took my virginity
-The 2nd time we had sex we ditched school and my step dad ended up catching us (lol).
-He was still the star so the girls flocked to him and he accepted them with open arms, I was considered the untouchable good girl so when news broke out he took my v-card it was a big deal, gossip, friendships lost....blah blah blah
-I loved him. I was in love with him since elementary school but the last semester of our senior year we didn't talk.
-cut to college, my new boyfriend (Itta Bit) visiting for Thanksgiving starts to hear a lot of questions about Quincy. Forewarning and Quincy
-Jealousy starts to form in Itta Bit, I loved him but I was still in love with Quincy
-A year into my new relationship, Quincy starts to call and come around, Itta Bit doesn't know
-To see if there's still something there I go visit Quincy at his uni, I don't sleep with him but day 2 into the trip Itta Bit finds out where I am. Quincy and I don't speak the rest of the trip.
-6 months later Quincy calls the day after Valentine's day but Itta Bit is in town and answers the phone (Itta Bit actually goes to jail that night but that's a different post topic).
-Another 6 months later, with my long distance relationship is dying off with Itta Bit and I sleep with Quincy. Now that I know what good sex is (I think around this time too, I start sleeping with Atom, so I REALLY know what good sex is), I realize the sex with Quincy is awful. I'm too nervous, he just lays there. Blah. Bad. I'm sure he thinks the same thing because we haven't spoke since.....

Anyway here's how our conversation went:

Quincy: January 22 at 5:54pm
I was talkin to Jay (my brother btw, they used to be super close) yesterday..i kno im late but im sorry about ur dad..i jus heard about it

Forewarning: January 22 at 10:10pm
Hey you. Yeah it's been something to deal with, a period of adjustment, especially for the boys. Thanks for the words though, I appreciate it and hope everything is going well with you as well as your mom.

Quincy: January 23 at 3:24pm
Yea I hear u..everything is good thank u..my mothers in Tampa, Florida..and im in Long beach..i hope everything is goin well besides the circumstances...hows chicago?

Forewarning: January 23 at 3:54pm
I love Chicago, my soul is here. Been here for a year and a half but I'm moving back home in the next week or two, depending on if the Bears make it to the Super Bowl. I want my own boutique and my rent here equals 2 months of retail space rent out there so it's the smartest decision. Plus I miss my fam. What are you doing out in long beach?
--
Insert a conversation with my mom via Google Chat:

Me: Ma, I'm hungover, Quincy sent me sent me a message on FB btw.


Her: You are a lush...lol! What did he say? I think he is testing the waters.

Me: Who knows. The sex was still bad tho so....

Her: Does he have a girlfriend?

Me: Yep.

Her: How do you know?

Me: Facebook photos. Have you seen the way were were with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand?

Her: It's been a while way?

Me: Art imitating life. Watch it. Gotta go. Love.

Her: Okay I will. Love.

--
Quincy: January 24 at 12:12am
ok I see u..ur own boutique huh..thats def whats up..i been out here for the past 3 years..i was hoopin..jus workin now..thinkin bout doin grad school...im actually goin to chicago for memorial day..it would've been nice to catch up wit u..i dont kno how u feel about that tho

Forewarning: January 24 at 5:39pm
Lol. You're a goof. Whatever happened happened years ago. What 5 or 6? I'm a different person and I'm assuming you are too. Of course I'd like to catch up. My job allows me to work from home but I'll have to commute to Chicago monthly. Keep me updated on the time frame and we'll coordinate the dates.

Quincy: January 26 at 12:40am
Ur right..and I am different from that time..i didnt kno where u stood..it was crazy back then..def will keep u updated on the dates tho
 --

I made a reference to "The Way We Were" because, in a more theatrical way, it's kind of how life has played out between Quincy and me. The end is so amazing because the line, "You're girl is lovely Hubble" and the sincere gesture of her moving his hair out his face is exactly how I feel about this situation now.

I loved Quincy, he was my first love and I'm happy were he is in life. I find comfort in knowing that my other half is out there too so no I'm not jealous. Yes seeing their pictures together was a little hard to look at but if he has a girl who has him at his best and he's happy, that's all I could ever want for him, really.

Here's another reference to the movie via Sex and the City. Another one of my favorite cinema scenes.

Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment