Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ugh....Fucking Facebook.....

Alright so I have a couple of rules when it comes to Facebook as I've had a profile since it was cool to have a Myspace (raunchy losers) and the only way you could have a Facebook account was if you had a college email address. Been years right? Like 2005-ish.

Okay so my rules.

Rule #1 I'm not just anyone's friend: To be friends means that we've had to have met more then once and either shared a drink, a laugh or a memory. For the people that have 1,500 friends, their news feed must be ridiculous. Reading updates you don't care about, looking at pictures of people you don't even know. To me, that's too much. I'm not lazy (so to speak) but my life is efficient, so I can get from point a to point b in the quickest amount of time. I have patience when I need it and other times, I don't.

and Rule #2 No exes: Now cuddy buddies yes because going into our cuddy buddy, time-filler arrangement, you knew your role. It's up to you to handle seeing other men commenting on my wall (nothing vulgar but you know what I'm saying. The jealousy aspect of things) I'm talking about THEE EXES, the ones that I've loved-ish or whatever.

For me, and this includes people in my life general, we're either on or we're off. Either I'm fond of you or I'm not. I answer when you call or let it go to voicemail. It's black and white. It doesn't mean I don't still adore, care or cherish you, it just means, in order for me to live my life today, happy, I can't live in the past and that's what exes represent, my past.

Here's where things get a little tricky. After years of living by this decree, you eventually have to forget there was ever a past. Like after 5/6 years. If not, you just look like the person that still holds on, which is why I allowed Itta Bit and I to be friends on Facebook. Which is also why the title of this post is called Ugh...Fucking Facebook....

There is nothing more jaw dropping then going about your everyday life, hear your phone go off and think that someone you know posted a comment on your status, WHEN REALLY, you look down and see the name of an ex followed by a snippet of their message. It happened with The Joke-ster, even Atom and now Quincy, the very first love I had. I'm gonna go into him in the next post I just wanted to say that it's not a cool approach.

Not that it's their intention, to force you to talk to them, it's just when you contact someone on Facebook you KNOW they are going to see it. It's like calling out someone that wants to shot around when you want to play one on one. And as the person who receives these messages you HAVE to respond (I hate doing things I HAVE to do). If you don't, every time you change your profile picture, they are going to know you got their message and didn't respond. That you're the douche who is still not over whatever reason that caused you guys to be "exes" in the first place.

Anyway I'm just saying....fucking Facebook man.....thanks for putting me in this spot....you suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment