Wednesday, June 30, 2010

7 year goals....

Like I said earlier...there's been a lot of changes happening at work and not for the good. Short story is my supervisor and I really don't get along (blame it on her being a bitch and me not kissing her ass) and while I was in Denver she decided to launch her plan of attack. I came back to being written up, which when I tried to dispute, she literally said to my face... "Dispute denied." She said it with such a straight face if I wasn't on the receiving end of it I would've laughed cause she seriously just tried to Debo me.

Anyway, this situation as further shown me....a: I'm tired of working for mid-level, unprofessional managers. b: I'm tired of working for mid-level, unprofessional managers but I will if I LOVE what I'm doing. and c: I TIRED of working for a FUCKING paycheck. So...I've started to make moves once again to change the course of my life. I've revamped my resume, created an online portfolio and will start applying to junior event planning jobs I wouldn't normally apply too.

Here's my 7 year goals (God willing)...
I want to do event planning for about 5/6 years whether that be with a restaurant, a firm or independently. I also want to get my youth program off the ground. Then....
When I'm around 30/31 years old I want to open an upscale "thrift" furniture boutique and do that and the youth program full time. Then...

When I have that up and stable I want to open up one of those cliche teen hangout spots but I want the feel to be more Kanye then a 50's, soda pop diner. Somewhere I can run the youth program out of but a place where teens can come after school, eat, hangout, play pool, graffiti on the tables, or a venue where their garage bands can come play a set.
I just want to be a staple in the lives of our youth. This generation is so disconnected from what life is supposed to be and I want to try to help them figure it out.
Anyway...those are my future goals...pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment