Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Homeward bound....

I leave in 6 hours to fly home for a wedding this weekend and I can't wait. When I 'm away in Chicago I have all this time to think about me, who I wanna be and where my life is going. But there's something about going back home to be around the people that love you for who you really are (insert genuine smile). It grounds me. Resets my clock.

I can't wait to be around my younger brothers. They are the most wannabe thugs I've ever met but I appreciate them and their sense of humor when I come home. We usually sit on the couch and make fun of my mom while she's in the kitchen complaining about something.

I can't to hear my little sisters (did I mention I was the oldest of 7? 2 younger brothers, 4 younger sisters) say my name over and over and over again as they show me the latest toy or the newest trick they've learned since I last visited.

I can't wait to joke about the stupidest things with Ivory....we're planning on seeing Sex and the City 2, although I've already seen it (it wasn't the same with out my real best friends. I won't see Ebony cause she'll be coming to visit me in the Chi in two weeks...yay!

I also can't wait to see my dog Lucky he's a Rottweiler and protector of the house. He also sleeps with me when I'm home.

Since the wedding is on my dad's side of the family I won't be able to have the traditional sleepovers with my mom. I could actually cry about that. My mom is my best friend. My soul mate. Even though we talk everyday, when I'm in town I sleep in her bed cause we often have conversations late in to the night. Lol...I know I'm too old and that may be weird but it's like eating a home cooked meal when I sleep in her bed. I can finally take a deep breath.

My heart may be in Chicago, but my soul is definitely in Colorado. Je vous aime votre famille. xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment