Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer has arrived....

Chicago has been having the perfect weather lately (80 degrees of sun and a slight breeze...perfect sun dress and wedges type of weather) but it still hasn't felt like summer. Last year, when I was working as a summer camp director, the kids and I were outside all the time. I figured I wasn't feeling summer-like because I now work in a 9-5 birdcage inside.

ARG right?! So while I was thinking about what was missing it finally clicked!!!!! Slurpees!

A Slurpee was what was missing from my sunny days. It made me miss Ivory even more cause whenever we went to lay out back at home, we would get in one of our trucks, throw on our shades, blasting this song (I got models in the mosh pit, dancing off beat but they know the words to my shit)....



on the way to pool with our VS PINK towels, magazines and Slurpees.

When I finally took my lunch break I raced to 7Eleven. I walked in and got my half Cherry, half Pina Colda Slurpee WITH A PINK STRAW (Since I was 5 I have always sipped my Slurpees through pink straws. It's tradition I plan on riding out till the day I die). As I left I FINALLY felt my summer kick in! No seriously! I got back to my Vue, put on my sunglasses, rolled the windows down, turned up my music and went to get my car washed.

I'm enjoying one now...as I start to walk the streets of Chi....ahhhhh life tastes sooooo good! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment