Friday, October 22, 2010

Vingt-Six

I was sad when I turned 20. I felt like I was no longer a teenager and that I was officially responsible for my immature actions (when you are 19 and pretty, you can pretty much ride the "ooops I didn't know that cause I'm 19 and pretty" train out of any predicament). The rest of my twenties were great. Boys, fun times, small mistakes.

Now....in 2010, I have come to realization that I'm afraid to be 26. Like afraid. I'm scared that regardless if I want it or not, I may never be a wife, I may never be a parent and I may never reach my goals. My mom said this is the age where people stop listening to your dreams and instead focus on what you've accomplished. That's a lot of pressure for someone who has "Dreaming Issues". Whereas my dad says, your older twenties are still a time to have fun and enjoy your adulthood. You have the rest of your life to be responsible. That I should enjoy the time with out kids and having to hear and consider a husband's opinion.

I'm just scared of being a failure. I'm also afraid I'm not as naturally pretty anymore. It's fine for men to age, even though it seems they don't and I pray 26 is as good to me as my early 20's were.

Sigh.....life is never easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment