Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Theme song...

I don't know how this came up but I was talking to a friend and we got on what our personal anthems/theme songs would be. Like what song we would want playing in one of those Hollywood scenes where we're walking slow, the wind is blowing our hair and the sun is hitting us just right.

Now this was...I don't know mid October and I hadn't made a firm decision until today.

I'm black. So I went thru all the old school songs I could think of....Jackson 5, The Temptations, but nothing that really felt like me. Then I went thru the 90's songs I grew up with....TLC, Escape. Nothing. I went thru my while itunes (5,000 songs) NOTHING, all the while with this song was in the back of my head. Lol...this slow, simple song made from a group of white boys. Finally I made my decision. This song just fits who I am and I'm guessing you never would have guessed that I knew this song. (My life mission, to reveal an element about myself just as someone thinks they know me.)

It not your first....second or third choice of favorite songs. Even after your first couple of times hearing it, it doesn't really move you. But once you know it....once you understand it....you love it. The title is so alluring and sexy. It didn't win any awards (that I know of) but someone, somewhere is having the best sex of their life to this track. Not that everything about my life revolves around sex, it's more like the feeling that sex brings. A specific confidence, connection and passion. Can't you just hear a girl's wispy breaths and gasps of air between the strums of the guitar? Can you imagine a man's fingers running down her stomach or grabbing her waist to the beats of the drums?

Mmmmm. I love it. Anyway, when you read my blog, or imagine me walking down the street hear this song. Or when you hear this song (and you will) think of me and the fact that I smell like Sex and Candy......

No comments:

Post a Comment