Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mixing dicks....

By now you have to know I like sex. A LOT. Casual sex though, I'm not really into. I've had a one night stand and didn't like it (and actually, I knew the guy so it really wasn't a one night stand with someone I just met). I was having a discussion with 2 of my good friends about casual dating and long term relationships and it came to my attention that they casually date with sex frequently. My first thought was pretty judgemental, because I don't believe in having a lot of sexual partners but I'm not sure if I'm wrong or right.

Now these are great girls! Really good friends. One is in med school, 28, really pretty and loves being in a relationship. The other has her masters in social work, 25, pretty and is neutral about being single or being in a relationship. Both are interested in getting married and both have a pretty masculine thought process about relationships. Less emotions, upfront and direct honesty, no drama.....I mean I would say we are all in the same boat.

I've said this once and regardless if you believe me, it's the truth. I literally can not have sex with a guy unless all the puzzle pieces naturally fall into place. I have to be attracted up front to his looks, his sense of humor, his integrity, his drive...etc...etc...etc. I can't have one without the rest and fuck him, whereas some girls fuck while getting to know. For me it happens (the joke-ster, atom, itta bit), it's just few and far between. When all signs point to yes, yummmmm, he better be prepared.

I guess where the girls and I are different is. when we are not in relationships (boyfriend/girlfriend status) they casual date a guy, have sex/get to know him, figure out something they don't like about him and within the next few weeks are on to the next. I (when I was having sex) just had time fillers that provided me with specific needs until I found "THE ONE". One just fulfilled my sexual needs. One was for going to the movies. One was a drinking partner. One was my athlete friend. One gave me ego boosts. One was a texting friend. One would cook for me. I mean the list goes on and on. More times times out of ten though, one guy took on a number of those roles but none of the guys were inter changeable. None of them knew about each other, but they all knew their roles. Where I went wrong, and why I took this year off to change is, I want to try giving one guy a chance to be ALL those things to me.

So, the reason for this post is...when you are not in a serious relationship, is it better to have numerous companions fulfilling a single need? Or to have numerous mates, with whom you've given a chance to fulfill all your needs and when it doesn't work out you move to the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment